"SAGEWorks" is a course specifically designed for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender older adults who
are unemployed, underemployed or going through a career transition. People of all ages may apply, but applicants 40 and older who are Members of The Center will be given preference. This six week course is designed to provide in-depth instruction on how to increase your competitive edge in the job market. The course will cover job-seeking training that includes software proficiency, resume writing, interview skills and job search strategies.
Here’s the vital information:
- Applications may be submitted at any time at the SAGE website HERE.
- The Center will enroll 8 students in the course and choose 2 alternates.
- The course is intended for people who really need it, will fully participate and are serious about applying themselves.
Course times are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:00 - 5:30 pm. There will be two special presentations for the entire community announced during the term of the class. Attendance at these events is required for enrolled students. Students must fully commit to the entire schedule.
- The classes will be staffed by a SAGEWorks teacher, a computer instructor, professional recruiters and placement specialists, and regional employers – offering participants a variety exposure to important resources.
- This program is funded nationally by the Walmart Foundation. SAGEWorks is also offered in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Denver and South Florida.
$25.00 for Members of The Center
$50 for non-members.
Membership rates for The Center begin at $25.00 annually.
A limited number of scholarships are available to waive a portion of the fee in cases of financial