"SAGEWorks is a course specifically designed for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender older adults who
are unemployed or underemployed. People of all ages may apply, but applicants 40 and older who are Center
members will be given preference. This eight week course is designed to provide in-depth instruction on how to
increase your competitive edge in the job market. The course will cover job skills training, software proficiency,
resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies.
Here’s the vital information:
• Applications are available at The Center, via email and on our web site. Due to space limitations, students
must apply and be invited to attend. Class administrators will select the students whose needs are the best match
for the structure of the program. All applications must be submitted through the SAGEWorks website.
• Applications may be submitted at any time.
Application deadline for the next session is Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
• The Center will enroll 8 students in the course and choose 2 alternates.
• The course is intended for people who really need it, will fully participate and are serious about
applying themselves. The next session begins on Monday, April 14, 2014. Course times are Monday,
Wednesday and Thursday from 2:45 - 4:45 pm. There will be two special presentations for the
entire community announced during the term of the class. Attendance at these events is required for
enrolled students. Students must fully commit to the entire schedule.
• The classes will be staffed by a SAGEWorks teacher, a computer instructor, professional recruiters
and placement specialists, and regional employers – offering participants a variety exposure to important
• This program is funded nationally by the Walmart Foundation. SAGEWorks is also offered in New York,
Chicago, Philadelphia, Denver and South Florida.
$25.00 for members
$50 for non-members. Membership rates for The Center begin at $25.00 annually.
A limited number of scholarships are available to waive fees in cases of financial